7.01.2011

La Cocina!

It's been too long since I have last posted...
For just a second I want to say thanks to the hubs for such a great week and a half! He first surprised me with a City Pass for our trip to Chicago. This means we get to do and see all kinds of fun things when we go. Kev also surprised me with perfume and some brown wedges that I have been wanting! This past Friday, we went on a date and went to the movies for only the second time since we have been together. We're just not the movie theatre type...We were at Kroger a few days before and I saw a bunch of candy for a dollar (the good kind too...in the jumbo boxes!) And I was explaining how my friends and I in high school would get a bunch of candy when the store was having a two for one deal and then we would go see a cheap movie together. We even got chips and dip from El Porton into the theatre one time! (Yes that was probably the extent of our rebellion, but we had great Friday nights!) Anyways, Kev remembered my reminiscing episode and after dinner on Friday, he said we needed to go to Kroger and told me to pick out any candy I wanted. I just knew a trip to the movies was next! We saw Midnight in Paris. It was actually pretty cute and witty... Ok so that was longer than a few seconds, but he is just the bees knees. Love him!

As far as my crafting goes, it has been a bit on the slower side. Our apartment can only take so much. It's a great size for us but my creative noodle cries for more space. So in some of my spare time, I dream and add pictures to my very dear folder called "Our House To Be!"

I'll start with La Cocina!! I love kitchens, and I'm just not sure if everything I want could ever work in one kitchen. I'll start with this magnificent picture (And you have to click on the pics to see just how fabulous they are). Get a good look at that arch. Yes please! I love the ceiling in this one too.


Another thing that I really want is a breakfast nook with built in benches. Just adorable!



Oh and an island with barstool chairs! These are rather fabulous ones at that!


Isn't this so clever, adding in color by painting the back of the cabinets. Whoa! Loving the white subway tile too.


 I'm not sure if I would ever choose robin's egg blue cabinets, but I must say that these colors are fantastic together!


My choice of cabinetry would definitely be white ones. I like the hardwood floors too. Oh and check out that blue subway tile and the ceilings!


I have an obvious obsession with whites, blues, clean, open, and happy kitchens! I also love the modern/vintage/anthropologie look. (I know, I'm all over the place!) I have many more pictures in my folder and I could babble on forever but I'll spare you the pain for now...


1 comment:

  1. I love all of these! I have several of the same ones saved on my computer :)

    ReplyDelete