6.13.2011

Happy Monday

Happy Monday to all!
So I just ran across some pictures of a craft I did a couple months ago. I thought it was a good use of those neat candle jars that I just hate to throw away sometimes. I taped out a square appropriate to the size of chalkboard/writing space that I wanted.


 Then I sprayed it down four or five times with chalkboard spray paint!


 Then I peeled the tape to reveal a perfect rectangle!


 These candles came with adorable handles, so I popped the handles back on and wrapped some hemp around the top. These are now sitting on our desk and I just love them!


I have also spent some time sewing. I made the easiest slip cover the other day. We had some ugly pillows stuffed in the closet that came with the couch so I took it upon myself to pretty them up. Really, these envelope slip covers are mindless and I can't wait to make more!!

This is the back of the pillow. Shows how you just shove the pillow in!

Kev and I went to Chili's on Friday night and little did we know (as we ate our delicious triple dippers) that we would be watching a wedding as well. Indeed, a couple got married in a section of Chili's! Here is the proof: Wedding Bliss. Everyone including the workers were all watching and taking pics. They said their vows, kissed, and went to the bar with a few people that were with them and had dinner! Classy! Why didn't we think of that? We love absolutely love Chili's, and it was actually one of our first dates we went on. It would have been the epitome of our love for one another and just plain memorable. Don't ya think?

 Kev got something really great in the mail a couple of days ago which confirms our small trip that we are planning for August:


That's right, Chicago it is! We are excited for our little trip and can't wait to get away and visit this city. I've been to Chicago once but Kev's been there many times. He already has a list of places he wants to take me, and I'm excited as it seems like I may have my own personal tour guide!
Oh vacation hurry up!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Kaitlyn, I cant wait to get married to I can get crafty and make cute stuff like you! haha... Pete would be so jealous that ya'll are going to see the cubs play. I know that's definitely on our list of places to go together once married. Pete loves the cubs and all that has to do with Chicago, and i've never been. Aw i hope you are loving married life! keep staying busy and making cute crafty things! <3 Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have to help me make some of the jars! I love them and need some in my house! -- Christy

    ReplyDelete