6.06.2011

A Much Needed Weekend.

This weekend was fabulous. Saturday, we went to a wedding in Memphis that was absolutely precious. It was very very hot. Matter of fact I think it was record temperatures for early June. I was melting away and reminded of why January was not such a bad idea for our wedding after all. I often say, "I don't look cute nor do I act cute in the heat." I'm just miserable when I'm hot and sticky. After the wedding, we got to spend much needed time with friends that we haven't seen since our wedding. We love hanging out with other couples, and it is just good to be around people that are in the same walk of life as you!

Sunday, we got a lot done around the house. We got our collage up in our bedroom finally. We got three frames from Goodwill for almost $0.75 a piece. I sanded one completely down, sanded the edges of one to give it an aged look, and painted the last one with a crackle finish!


Kev worked hard on getting that pesky bulletin board up along some of the frames that didn't even have picture hangers on the back of them. It is exactly like I pre-planned (great trick: we cut newspaper out to the shape of each frame so you can move them around and not have your wall look like a cheese grater), but it is still growing on me and I may have to make some changes. I'm just glad that frames aren't lying all over the room anymore. I bet Kev is thinking "Are you kidding me??" We also did some more sanding on the trunk, and we tried that paint and stain stripper. Not really sure it made much of a difference. My dad informed me that I may not paint the trunk!! So I will persevere and just keep sanding till my hands fall off.

Today, I took it upon myself to start couponing a bit more than the few that we already do collect. Now I'm not going to be a psycho mom and spend an ungodly amount of time clipping coupons and dumpster diving, but I have started writing companies in hopes of some freebies! I also got on product websites and found coupons just sitting there! I had no idea after getting on the General Mills website that we eat quite a few of their products. On that link there are pretty good coupons and they change every month. So I'll be waiting these next few days to see if any of the companies send me any goodies. I'll let ya know if it works out or not ;)

Kels and Jen came to visit me, and Jen came bearing bright blue cup cakes.


Absolutely delish! I loved seeing them. We first attempted to try out two antique stores that I found out about in downtown Jackson, but they were both closed. Strange. So I just took them to ole faithful....Yep, Yarboro's Antiques!

Still keeping the graduation chain dare on my mind. I need some savvy crafty ideas......

No comments:

Post a Comment