5.05.2011

The start of it all....

So here we go with the whole blog thing. We have had this for almost three months now, but couldn't figure out how to decorate the thing. I am not computer savy and we all know you can't put up some drabby blog up with no flare, but I think it's finally worth a post. I still haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm working on it.

I'm sucked in and totally obsessed with home decor blogs. Nursing school is only getting in the way of my true calling which is to decorate, embellish, sew, paint, and look for antiques. I think it would be a good career. Don't you? 

In the midst of watching C-sections, talking to drug and alcohol addicts, doing mountains of paperwork, taking tests every week, Kev working full time and officiating soccer, and being happily married, we have snuck in a few little crafts. My study breaks along with Kev's precious time off work, we (or probably more so I) like to spruce up the apartment. My first project was about two months ago.  It was very simple, and I just love it!

We first went to the antique store and bought a platter that was $3. Luckily it already had an engraved like center to it so I didn't have to sand it down or anything. Then we bought chalkboard spray paint, which was not really what I was looking for! I looked everywhere for just regular paint, but I guess I was looking in all the wrong places because I never found it. So we settled for the messy spray paint. First, we taped off the edges of the platter, then I sprayed four coats of paint on it. We removed the tape, and had ourself an adorable little chalkboard to put on the kitchen counter!









No comments:

Post a Comment