5.25.2011

My Happy Day.

So in honor of May 24th (my Happy Day) Kev took off work! A very happy wife I was. The day before he was very excited about this bread/birthday breakfast he wanted to make but it required a trip to Panera to get a loaf of country miche! So we took advantage of that trip:



A bagel for him and a muffin for me :) The next morning he got up and made a tasty breakfast, complete with chocolate chips and syrup all over it...very tasty! We decided that we would use our disposable camera to capture this monumentous day! (We bought this thing on the honyemoon when we thought we "lost" my camera, and haven't used it since) We started off the day with a trip to my beloved Yarbro's Antique Mall! I could spend hours in there and come out with absolutely nothing and be pretty ok with that. I love to just look at it all. We came upon this booth that had a toy chest. A wooden toy chest. Now I have been wanting some kind of trunk or chest since we got married. Most of the time they were just too expensive or I was just too cheap. But this beauty was only $30. The cashier couldn't even believe that it was only $30. I understand that many may not call this a beauty but I have high hopes for this chest!


It's not the prettiest trunk, but just wait until I get a hold of it with my other happy day presents:



Indeed, a staple gun and hand sander! I plan on sanding this puppy down and giving it a new coat! I told the cashier lady at the antique store that I was going to turn this into a coffee table, and I think I broke her heart a bit. She told me "You just can't find em' like that any more. We all just fell in love with it when they brought it in the other day." So there I stood feeling guilty. Looking like a destroyer rather than a restorer. When I got home I looked it up on the internet...And yes mam they do still make them just like that!! They are around $75 but they are still manufactured....I didn't feel as bad after that. So then we went to several other stores and I found some nifty picture frames that I'm wanting to use for a collage type thing in the bedroom.


After we shopped till we dropped, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. We both got the Four Cheese Pastachetti with Grilled Chicken, and tasty it was! My Happy day was great and I'm glad I got to spend it with my hubs. Can't wait to see our disposable camera pics and ready to start sanding tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment