1.17.2012

Some things change, some don't

      I can't believe that it has been one year of marriage. It seems like only yesterday that Kev and I were planning like crazy for one of the most special days of our lives. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me such a great husband. I have learned so much and I can't even imagine the things that I will learn in the future.  I pray that the Lord will daily shape me and change me into the wife that Kevin needs, and that He will use me to be Kevin's helpmate and encourager. I thank God for this special gift of marriage, and in this new year, I pray that God will continue using our marriage to glorify Him more each day.

      Two weekends ago, Kev and I went to Louisville to check out Southern Seminary and get a feel of the city. So now that we have visited both places, our choices were between North Carolina and Kentucky, and our final answer issssssssssss.......... KENTUCKY! Lord willing, we will move to Louisville in June. We are so excited and we thank everyone for their prayers as we have been trying to decide where to go.
We definitely fell in love with Louisville:
1. The drive was so easy and not very far from our families.
2. We saw a hospital everywhere we went. (As frequent as a Walgreens on every corner.)
3. The city was so quaint and eclectic.
4. Everything was a close distance from each other.
5. The seminary was great.
6. We already know several people there!! (Oh and Alli and Gentry Hill were kind enough to have us over for dinner, and we had such a great time!)

   PS: Even though we are leaving TN and going to KY, we will not betray the Memphis Tigers. Kev already said we can't turn into Wildcat fans, so don't cha ya worry!

Kev's parents went by our apartment while we were still out of town and put this on our door! So cute!
                                                      
One Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn, That is so exciting about Kentucky! It is so encouraging to see the way God is moving in your lives. I know big things are in store for the two of you! And you guys are smart to stick with the Tigers... UK is no good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited to have you guys up here in June! I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete