7.05.2012

Happy Year and a Half Frank and Franny Kitchenstein

Take a look:
What's wrong here, besides the lumpy frosting and depressed scrolling?


Ready to eat that year and half old cake! 

Butter Pecan and Chocolate

Why yes that is our wedding cake. That we ate in June. Not January, the month of our wed, but June! I had some crazy idea, like I always do, of getting year after pictures with it, but that totally went out the window. It just kept sitting in our freezer until we realized we needed to eat this thing if we ever wanted to. We were about to move to KY, and all things frozen were going in the trash. The cake was surprisingly very good! The chocolate was so moist ya'll, and the frosting was pretty tasty too (no awkward fondant for us). We even saved it and nibbled off of it for a few days.  

So did ya catch anything weird about the initials? Totally fine if you didn't, because I didn't notice on my wedding day either, thankfully, but the initials are backwards (No I'm not bitter)! It should read KFK. I later discovered it on our honeymoon after a friend posted a pic of our cake online. I was not happy at the time being.... Ok Really, I can't even think of names that start with an F, much less a husband and wife both having names that start with an F. Anyways, later on we ended up making fun of it, and sometimes call each other Frank and Franny Kitchenstein. Opening this up a year and a half later recalled some great memories. Realizing that just a short time ago we were wanting the day to get here so fast. It came and went in the blink of an eye. All the fuss, glitz, and glamour is not what marriage is about. Just like this cake, marriage is full of mistakes and mess ups that happen all the time. But I'm learning when we are obedient to God, and patient on what He has for our lives, just like the inside of this cake, we can withstand the toll of time, and bear the burdens of this world together in marriage. I'm thankful to God that he is allowing me to be the wife of Kevin as we learn, and grow together in this new stage of life. "What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." Mark 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment